Why I won’t anger my boss, ever
Last night I had some ore stolen from me. This was my own fault.
See, the belts were thin, almost empty in fact. So I had a half-filled can, right? And my hauler was afk so I just moved to the other end of the belt to keep mining. While I was there, a Bestower warped in and swooped the contents of my can and warped off.
I chuckled, shrugged, said what happened on fleet channel, and then docked and logged off. Me logging off had a lot more to do with the fact that House was on, rather than me being upset over the loss of some 60k units of pyroxeres.
After I logged off, the following happened:
- My CEO went “huh?” and gathered up some of his friends.
- Friends tracked down the ore thief and had a talk with him.
- Ore thief mouthed back.
- Ore thief’s corp mate got pressured into giving back the ore.
- Ore thief’s corp mate then proceeds to pod said ore thief.
- CEO shows me the corpse the next day.
Mind you, I wasn’t even mad. Truth is I probably wouldn’t have rememberd the whole thing if I hadn’t had an evemail waiting for me the next day, and my CEO explaining matters to me.
Yeah. He should get his temper checked.