Online, EVE Online – pressrelease released on new expansion
Quantum Rise. Sounds like a Star Trek episode. It is, in fact, the upcoming Winter expansion for EVE Online, which so far only has been known by its codename MIDAS.
For the full pressrelease follow this link.
Among other things, the expansion will include the following:
- It’s free (so take that, you-know-who)
- it does not contain Walking in Stations (as some might have hoped)
- it’s all about industry, which I like
- It introduces the Orca, which is supposed to be cool and rad and all kinds of nice things
- Weapon linking, allowing for easier handling of weapons and less carpal tunnel syndrome, FINALLY
Oh, and storefronts for corporations, which while cool I’m not really sure will affect my personal gaming style any. Well, that might also have to do with the corp mainly being into mining as of right now, but we’re moving into manufacturing. You’ll see. You’ll come to worship our products.
There’s a forum thread discussing the expansion here. It is, of course, filled with asshats playing Forum: The Whine, but don’t mind them.
Actual details and such can possibly be datamined from the eve-online website our throughout the blogosphere, but nothing’s set in stone, and I don’t think we’ll see anything tasty until during or just after fanfest. For those who are going I have a wish: hook up a laptop and a webcam, let me join you through the intertubes. I’ll even be naked if that’s what it takes.
I won’t force anyone to watch. Promise.