Quick note on BoB’s disappearance
Since everyone and his mother is donning the tinfoil hat about what happened and what will happen next I figured I’d do the bloggy thing and get out the soapbox and do some soothsaying.
- Director who’s name is sure to live in infamy in GBC sells out the alliance to the Goons
- Theft of resources, general rolestripping and kickage of people, then disbanding the alliance
- The alliance BoB disappears, poof, Goons create a corp named BoB, thus essentially “stealing their banner”
- This also means that BoB sov goes poof, with all that that entails
- People freak out, call Goons lame and cheaters and whatnot, call for CCP to retcon, or leave things be, or whatever
- One traitor able to do this much damage; design flaw or working as intended? People can’t agree
- People think metagaming is lame, atleast when bad stuff happens to them
- CCP will investigate the matter and probably find that all is kosher
- A change in the alliance mechanics is possible, but old BoB is gone
- BoB will reform under a new banner, albeit weaker than before, due to the theft, people hauling ass and possibly due to general lack of trust over leadership and internal security
- Goons will be Goons
Hell, I can make shit up and take wild guesses as good as the next guy. Fox News should hire me.
IMO: great coup and I’ve got an emotional hardon for the Goon spymaster Mittani. This of course only as long as things happened the way the Goons propagandamachine claim it to have happened.